Look out for these areas when buying a kitchen
Buying a kitchen, whether online or from a shop, can be complicated. As well as choosing a style of kitchen there are many specifications to look out for. Here are just a few areas to be aware of when buying your kitchen. Of course Units Online is about quality and so we ensure only the best is supplied.
Kitchen unit buyer's guide checklist
– We manufacture every kitchen to our clients’ individual specification. All our units are supplied rigid with all doors, drawers and specified internals already fitted.
– Our panels are not drilled for multipurpose units, we only drill the holes you require, your unit will only contain holes for adjustable shelves.
– Internal unit choice is available in over 20 colours, in many cases the external finish is a perfect match to the door, however where that is not possible we recommend a door matching panel see Door Matching Items.
– The soft close mechanism on the hinge is integrated inside the hinge and not a clip on mechanism. Integrated systems are the latest technology and are far superior to clip on slow close mechanisms. All our drawers are supplied with integrated soft close system.
– Our standard unit construction is cam and dowel. This construction method has been proven, over years, to be the preferred choice of fitters, builders and our customers alike. The cam and dowel gives the ability to replace any damaged panels without replacing the complete kitchen unit, which can be time consuming and expensive when using glue and dowel construction.
– We are so confident of our manufacturing process we offer a 25 year guarantee on our units.
– All kitchen units come with PVC edging, this superior edging offers a durable long lasting finish to the edges of your kitchen unit, which is also covered by our guarantee.
– All our kitchen units are manufactured in MFC(Melamine Face Chipboard) which quality is measured by its density, we only use the highest quality 110 dense board.
– All base units and housings - sizes quoted exclude the legs which add 150mm to your cabinets when fitted.
to find out about:
• kitchen quotes
• design service
• how to save £000's
• Kitchen planning
• Best price
• Buyer's guide
• Free amendments
• Cabinet specs
• Kitchen door care
• Delivery service
• Fitting support
• Fitting videos
• Kitchen brochures
• Contact us
Follow us on:
At Units Online we take pride ensuring all our customers receive a first class service.
Keep up to date with Units Online via
Here's one of our customers' reviews:
“Graham and I are absolutely delighted with our kitchen. From the first phone call with Bob, to the planning meeting in Taunton, right through to delivery - nothing was too much trouble. We have the kitchen of our dreams. The quality of the units, doors and quartz worktop are second to none. We love the worktops from Mayflower Stone - they lift the light in the space. We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Units Online - in fact we have already passed your details to 4 people in this area! When and if we ever do another kitchen - we will be back!” Sue and Graham Reeves from Caversham, Berkshire - September 2018